How to install a tankless water heater
A conventional water heater heats a large quantity of water at once and then expends energy to keep it warm until used. The tankless water heaters operate on a different system, since they only use energy when you use hot water. If you use hot water wisely, the new tankless water heater can save you up to 50 percent of the energy needed to heat water. A tankless water heater is smaller than an old one and is usually fixed to the wall. Installing a tankless water heater can be difficult, but you can do it yourself if you’re good at using power tools and a welding machine. Heating repair Peoria AZ focuses on providing reputable heating help for your home.
1. Cut water supply to the water heater to have at home. Drain the water heater with a hose and remove it.
2. Lead pipes for hot and cold water to the place where you will install your new tankless water heater. If the tubes are not exactly where they should be, you have to cut the pipe cutter and weld a new copper pipe.
3. If you have chosen a gas heater, you must solder the correct size of the gas line at the site will be the new tankless water heater. Carefully follow the instructions that came with the water heater. If you choose an electric heater, then install the cables needed to install the unit. Also, install the switches of adequate size, as shown in the installation manual.
4. Screw the tankless water heater in the place you have chosen. Use the supplied screws and a wrench, following the instructions that come with the heater.
5. Connect the water pipes. For your gas heater, you must install a Type B vent 5 inches (12.70 cm) or more. Ventilation should protrude above the roof 5 feet (1.52 m) or more.
6. Install pressure valves and the parts in the heater following the instructions in the installation manual.
7. Cut electricity or gas if you have a gas heater, do circulate water through the heater until it runs clear.
8. Adjust the knob or other device for the heater to the temperature desired for hot water.
9. Open again the water supply and electricity or gas, open the hot water tap and watch out the hot water.