It is not enough to allow your insurance company to handle your compensation if you are a victim of a road accident because they mostly want to settle the case as quickly as possible and hence you may get a compensation that is grossly less than what you deserve. This is why you need a legal attorney like Cabral Law Group who will work hard to protect your best interest and help you get your much deserved compensation.
Road accidents are life-changing events whose repercussions can put your otherwise progressive life to a standstill.
There are many ways road accidents can affect your lifestyle and they are not at all pleasing to the ears but let’s look at this possible scenarios:
- You may be unable to walk around ever again or for a temporary period. The thought of losing the ability to walk can make someone enter depression and asides that it may lead to the loss of your job.
- Your car may become a total wreck as a result of the accident or it may take a couple of weeks before it gets back to shape. If your livelihood depends on running around with a car, this may be a huge blow to your finances.
- It may cost a fortune to get your damaged car to good working condition. If your insurance company is denying your company you may be forced to fork the repair cost from your pocket and this may sum up to thousands of dollars.
- Beyond the financial losses and other material losses that are accrued in a road accident, the parties may receive severe emotional damages in the sense that they may have PTSD in the sense that they may have fears about being on the wheel of a car going forward. Emotional damages are commonly found in extreme cases of road accidents and in fact there are findings to show that people suffer depression from road accidents.
- Death: In some cases, people who are involved in road accidents may die. This may cause a ripple effect of sadness, grievances that may go on for many months in the affected person’s family. The death of the victim in a road accident can bring about the ruin of the family. For instance if the affected person is the family’s breadwinner. Hence, asides mourning the affected family members should employ the service of an attorney who would help them get a fair compensation. It is only normal for one to do this.
- Loss of income which may spiral into job loss. While one is recovering from the injuries sustained from a road accident you may have to stay home and if your company does not have a policy of paying sick workers, you will lose money and if the extended leave goes on for too long, the company may decide to find someone else to replace you.
- You will have to engage in legal battles in order to get the compensation you deserve. If the other party is unwilling to give you what you require, you won’t have a choice than to proceed to court but of course, legal battles are expensive, and emotionally draining. It is therefore highly recommended that you employ a lawyer to help you and if you are lucky you may land lawyers who charge for their service on the premise that they win the case.
These are some of the difficult situations you may find yourself after a road accident but pull yourself together difficult moments never last forever.