The dining table is one of the most used furniture at home. It is where we eat together and do other things. This is why many people also decorate their tables at home. You can see lots of blogs, television shows, and magazines that feature beautiful and professionally arranged table settings. However, spending too much on accessories for the table is not practical, especially if you are already spending much on food for parties or occasions.
If you want to keep your table at home decorated beautifully every day and show off the best finish for table, but you don’t want to spend much, then you’ve come to the right place. Today, we are going to give you tips on dressing up an everyday table.
Everyday Table Décor Staples
If you want to keep your everyday table at home well-decorated and presentable, here are some of the staples that you need to have.
- Tablecloth: A tablecloth is one of the staples that you need to have to dress up your everyday table. Aside from making it look beautiful, it is also useful in protecting your table from scratches. It is also great if you have an old table at home that is filled with stains and scratches from years of use, as it can hide them.
- Table runner: Aside from tablecloth linens, you can also use a table runner to decorate your everyday table. You can use a table runner on a plain tablecloth or use it alone on a bare table.
- Centerpiece: To make your everyday table look more alive, you can put a simple centerpiece on it. Some of the best centerpieces you can try are garlands, big pillar candles, a cake stand, or a flower arrangement.
Other Inexpensive Resources to Dress Up Tables
Aside from the everyday table décor staples, there are also many inexpensive things that you can use to dress up your table at home. In fact, you might find some of these around your home.
- Canning Jars: Canning jars can be great decorative pieces to dress up your everyday table, as well. You can use it as a vase or container to hold silverware. Aside from that, you can also use them to hold a plate on top like a pedestal when serving foods on the table.
- Brown Paper: If you do not have linens or tablecloths at home, or you only have a small table to dress up, a roll of brown paper can also work great. It can be a lovely neutral backdrop for your food, and any decorative pieces you might want to add to your table.
- Coasters: Another decorative and useful piece you can add to your everyday table are coasters. Aside from adding style to your table, they can also add protection, especially on wooden tables, from getting wet when setting a drink down the table.
- Fresh Flowers: If you have a garden at home, you can use that as an advantage to dress up your everyday table. You don’t really need to make a full bouquet of flowers to dress up your table. A simple stem or just a few pieces of leaves can work well. Some herbs are also great décor for the table.
- Other Natural Resources: Aside from fresh flowers and herbs, you can also use other things you can find out in nature to decorate your table. You can try to find sticks, rocks, acorns, and moss, as these things can also help you in setting up a table and giving it a more natural vibe.
- Unscented Candles: If you choose to put some candles on your table as centerpieces, then you need to opt for unscented candles. It’s because the scent of other candles can mix up with the foods that you will be serving on the table. You can use unsceted tea lights and drop them into jars before setting them up on the table. You can also place them inside a hollowed-out fruit for a more stylish option.
- Arts and Crafts Accessories: You can also use some arts and crafts accessories to cheer up your everyday table. Some of these can include feathers, ribbons, and pompoms. These things can make your everyday table look brighter and more fun.
- A Basket of Fruits: If you want a simple but dressed-up table at home, then you can opt for having a fruit basket as a centerpiece. Since fruits have different colors, they can already give life to your table. Fruits, when added to the table, can be a centerpiece on their own. Aside from putting them in a basket or tray, you can also slice some fruits and let them float in the water with flowers.
Different Themes in Dressing Up an Everyday Table
It is also great if you can think of a certain theme when you dress up your table at home. This way, your table will look more organized and not mixed up with random table decorations. Here are some of the table setting ideas we can recommend:
- Casual Table Setting: If there’s no event and you just want your table to look presentable when you have lunch or dinner together with your family, then a casual table setting is perfect for you. You can set up your table with color, patters, and textures that will match the items on your table. For example, if you have a wooden table, you can place a plain table runner on it with some flowers as the centerpiece. It is a simple but clean-looking set up for your table.
- Nature-Themed: You can also have a nature-themed table setting, by bringing in the outdoors and pairing some potted plants with fresh bouquets. This is an excellent choice if you have a wood table at home.
- Dress Up Your Table with Patterns: Do not be afraid to mix up patterns, as well, when you dress up your table. For example, you can mix up Moroccan-style inspired tablecloths and plates, as they look good together.
- Secret Garden Theme: Just like the nature theme, the secret garden theme will enable you to use plants, and as well as nature-inspired china, placemats, and napkins to bring your table to life.
These are some of the items and ideas we can share on how you can dress up an everyday table. You don’t really need to spend a lot to make your everyday table at home look good. You just need to be more creative and make use of the items you already have at home.