- Germinate the seeds & let the saplings grow to a height of 8 inches.
- Make the final growing medium ready.
- Carefully uproot each sapling. Scrap the stems almost up to the leaves with a fine blade. Apply rooting hormone (for softwood plants) to the scrapped portion.
- Plant the sapling all the way up to the leaves.
- Tend to the plants in the usual way.
The plants grow a very dense network of roots and will need a lot of watering/nutrients and will bear abundant fruits.
We have tried this with a bottle guard ( Family Cucurbitaceae) with no great result. We will try with potatoes next.