What Is Ipe Decking?
Ipe decking is made from hard wood from the Heart Cypress trees of the genus Handroanthus – a large family of more than 30 different tree species native to Central and South America. Also known as Brazilian walnut wood for its distinctive dark brown color that results when light is absorbed by the wood’s pigments, the wood has long been used as a quality timber for building decks, porch posts, and other outdoor structures because of its strength, durability, and aesthetic beauty. Ipe decking can be a beautiful and useful material for decks because it is very easy to maintain, stable, and versatile – qualities that make it an ideal building material for both the commercial and residential construction industry.
Advantages of Ipe decking and its commercial applications
If you’re looking for a deck that’s beautiful and strong, the decks might be an ideal choice for your deck or patio. As the wood decks can be cut to the desired shape and size, you can have a deck custom built to your specifications, or build a deck of any shape and size using the wood. Since the decks can be cut to any shape, you might want to consider a deck that fits into an existing structure you might already have in your yard.
You might also want to consider an ipe deck if your current deck isn’t strong enough, smooth, or free of cracks or splinters; in these situations, you might want to have a deck constructed entirely of ice. If you’re considering this option, you should know that the normal cost of a deck is comparable to the cost of constructing a traditional wood deck.
Although it’s been decades since ipe wood decking was first used, there are many homeowners who still use the wood in their backyard decks, and for good reason: the cost, durability, and beauty ipe wood decking offers are undeniable. The fact is, if you’re trying to create a tropical theme in your backyard, or if you just want to create a design that emphasizes your home’s outdoor elements, ipe wood decking might just be the perfect solution for you.
There are a multitude of options available to you, ranging from pre-fabricated shapes, to custom designed ipe boards that are pre-shaped and ready to assemble, to even the wood planks that are manufactured in a variety of unique designs. Whatever your design needs may be, there’s a tropical hardwood deck design right for you.
Why is IPE the Best Lumber For Decks?
If you are looking for the best lumber to build a deck or just have an outdoor structure that needs to be built then Ipe decking can be your best option. Ipe decking is a native tree from the south of India and is popular for its durability, its low cost, and its beauty. There are many reasons why Ipe is the best lumber for decks.
- The first reason why Ipe is the best lumber for decks is that it is one of the cheapest types of trees available. This of course depends on where you are located because there are some tropical hardwoods that are more expensive than I’d. However, even if the cost is lower than other hardwoods the savings will still prove to be well worth the money you spend. With tropical hardwood lumber the lumber does not dry out as quickly, and it is also stronger so you can save money on repairs from cracked boards or splintering.
- The second reason why Ipe is the best lumber for decks is that it has a very high gloss to it. This of course will depend on what you want to achieve with your deck but if you are looking for a nice gloss then Ipe is perfect. It has natural colors that look very clean and crisp. It also does not require sealing which is something that most wood decks do not need because they allow moisture to build up and cause the deck to crack and decay over time.
- Ipe has some of the best qualities of any type of lumber. Unlike some woods that are more susceptible to rotting, cracking, and splintering, Ipe is not one of them. It is resistant to rotting, cracking, and splintering. It also does not require a protective coating. If you want to use a coating you can, but many people prefer to skip the coating and just go with the lumber itself for their deck.
- There are many benefits to using Ipe deck lumber, but it is not the only wood available for your deck. There are many other types of lumber that are durable, strong, and beautiful. All you need to decide is what type of wood you want to use, what style of deck you want, and what you will be doing with your deck. Once you know all of these things you will be able to narrow down your choices of deck lumber.
- The last benefit to why it is the best lumber for decks is that it is readily available. You can find it in most lumber yards and home centers. It is not hard to find. It is definitely the best value and the best kind of lumber for your deck. You can find many other kinds of lumber that are more expensive, but you cannot find it in the price range that it is available at Tropical Forest Products. So, if you are looking for a deck, then it is the best choice for you.