The hot tub is a great way to relax and unwind after a long day at work. However, if you want your hot tub to last for years, it requires some maintenance in order to keep it clean. In this article, we will cover the top tips on how to maintain your hot tub so that you can enjoy it for many more years.
- The first tip is to make sure that you check the water level periodically. This helps prevent any accidents from happening because of an overflowing tub or not having enough water in the area around where people are standing and sitting.
- Sanitiser is so important in all spas and hot tubs. Purchasing a good quality sanitiser product is essential to keep your water clean and safe for you to use. It’s important that you open the lid or top of the spa at least once every two weeks, remove any scum from the surface and then leave it to dry out in the sun. Keeping it clean will reduce the growth of bacteria or algae, which can cause skin irritation.
- A lot of people make the mistake when they first get their hot tub hire, by putting too many chemicals into it straight away. You need to slowly introduce each chemical into your hot tub because if you don’t, then this could harm you or those who are using it regularly.
- Shock Treatments are a when you put high levels of shock treatment into your spa or hot tub. If you want clean water, then treat the water as often as you can and do it weekly to maintain a clean, safe environment for everyone.
- PH Levels are so important, as they show the acidity level of your hot tub. You don’t want to put too much phosphoric acid in your water because this can be detrimental to your skin, so test it regularly and then adjust accordingly.
- Another maintenance tip is that you clean the filter on a regular basis, in order to keep bacteria levels down. A lot of people forget to clean the filters, but this is so important in order to maintain your hot tub.
- Changing the water every now and then is important too. You can use a vacuum cleaner to remove any unwanted particles and scum that may have built up in the bottom of your tub or spa, which will make it look dirtier and feel unpleasant to sit in.
How do you check your Sanitiser level?
You can buy test kits specifically designed for hot tubs or spas, which will show you how much chlorine there is in the water. It’s recommended that you use products with less than 50ppm of chlorine in order to avoid any skin irritation.
What is the Right pH?
If you want clean, safe water for you and your family to use in your hot tub, then it’s important that you keep the pH level within a certain range. Have your water tested regularly and take note of these figures so that if there is a drastic change, then you will know to adjust the pH.
How often should I clean my filters?
You should change your filters once a week at least, but if you notice that you have to clean it more often than this, then it’s worth replacing them with new ones. However, make sure that you don’t use any products to clean them yourself as some can cause damage or wear and tear on your filters.
What happens if I don’t clean my filters often enough?
If you don’t clean them often enough, then this can cause bacteria to build up and create a nasty environment for everyone. On top of that, your filter will become clogged with dirt and debris which could potentially damage the performance. So not changing your filters regular can seriously damage yourself and or the heater and pump. So always change your filter
How do I clean my filters?
It’s recommended that you replace your filter once it has clogged up with a lot of dirt and debris, however, if you do want to clean it yourself, then make sure that you buy specialised cleaning products instead of using household ones.
It’s important that you clean your hot tub regularly so that it will last for a long time. Now you have seen how much work goes into maintaining hot tubs you can see why so many people hire.