You must have heard the saying “brush your teeth twice a day to keep diseases at bay” maybe from your favourite toothpaste commercial or your mother mentioned it to you when you refused to brush your teeth before going to bed after a day of eating all the sugary items you set your eyes on.
Don’t get it wrong. No one is blowing you hot air by asking you to brush your teeth twice a day but the truth is brushing your day twice a day is not enough to keep your teeth totally free from diseases.
At specific intervals you should visit your dentist for dental check up. Now, if you happen to live in the largest city in the state of Michigan, you will most definitely need to visit a dearborn dentist after reading this piece.
In this article I will share with you the top reasons why you should visit a dentist.
- Swollen or inflamed gums: whenever your gum is acting up, maybe it bleeds when you brush or it’s just puffy, know it’s time to visit your dentist. Gum diseases are mild in the early stage and are cheap to reverse. However, it gets very expensive when you don’t seek the necessary help in treating gum diseases at their early stage.
- Canker sores: also known as aphthous ulcers, they are small, shallow lesions that develop on the soft tissues in your mouth or at the base of your gums. They are found in the gum area, inside of the lips and cheeks, the tongue and the roof of the mouth. If you accidentally bite your lip or come in contact with an irritant you may develop canker sores but unlike cold sores, canker sores don’t occur on the surface of your lips and aren’t contagious. It usually disappears in a week but if the condition persists, request an appointment with your dentist.
- Dry mouth: this is a condition where the salivary glands in your mouth don’t produce enough saliva to keep your mouth moisturized. It’s usually a side effect of taking certain medications like antibiotics, aging issues or receiving treatment of cancer.
Saliva plays a key role in mitigating the harmful effect of bacteria in the mouth. While dry mouth may not seem like a serious issue, it is quite embarrassing for those experiencing its chronic form and it may lead to other mouth problems if you don’t visit your dentist for professional help.
- Tooth pain: You will admit that tooth pain is a nightmare you don’t want to wish on your worst enemy. If you have ever experienced tooth pain before, you know it’s a miserlem.
- able problem.
- Tooth decay: this is also known as cavities. It occurs when the sticky substance that forms on teeth (plaque) combines with the sugar element of the food you consumed. This results in an attack of the enamel. The erosion of the enamel leads to destruction of the tooth structure.
These are the top reasons why you must schedule regular visits to your dentist. Keep your teeth safe.