The rise of reusable diapers or biodegradable diapers is setting the trend. While they seem somewhat expensive to purchase, in the long run, they are great savings. This is the main reason why mothers decide to try them.
However, the advantages of biodegradable diapers do not only revolve around monetary savings. And although, like everything, they have their disadvantages, it is worth carrying out a contrast to assess the product critically. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of these diapers for you to judge for yourself.
Characteristics of biodegradable diapers
The biodegradable nappies Australia are made from biodegradable materials. Also, in contrast to normal disposable diapers, these avoid the utilization of manufactured aromas and synthetic substances. For this reason, they not only reduce the environmental impact but also involve greater and better care of the baby’s skin.
And what biodegradable materials are used in its production? Bamboo pulp, microfleece, polyurethane, and some percentage of cotton. The inner fabric of the diaper is usually micro fleece, while the outer fabric is usually waterproof polyurethane. There are also microfiber and cotton. All kinds of nappies are available in every size according to the age of children in both qualities in disposable as well as non-disposable. But remember one thing: all non-disposable nappies are not easy to decompose. It depends on the content of manufacturing, like bamboo made diapers take 4-5 weeks to decay, and they are best to use to prevent the baby from health issues.
Eco-friendly diapers can be washed and reused.
Other characteristics of biodegradable diapers
- They are adjustable and have a closure system similar to disposable diapers: with velcro tape or buttons.
- They are gentler than normal dispensable diapers since they are made from bamboo mash for the most part.
- They assimilate dampness quite well and don’t aggregate awful smells because the bamboo texture contains antibacterial specialists.
- They allow good perspiration of the skin. Therefore, they make the baby stay cool both in winter and in summer.
- They are hypoallergenic, which makes them ideal for delicate skin.
- They are easy to wash and do not need to be boiled in diapers. Just putting them in the washing machine and drying them in the dryer or outside is enough.
- They have cute and fun designs.
- What differentiates a current biodegradable diaper from those old rags that wrapped the private parts of babies from 40 years ago? They have in common that they are washable, which, in the age of the automatic washing machine, really means savings more than effort.
On the other hand, the fabrics and the disposable part of the biodegradable nappies Australia are very good for the environment and for your baby. This makes it easier to clean the diaper, as the bulk of the urine and fecal matter can flush down the toilet.
Advantages of biodegradable diapers
The proliferation of eco-friendly diapers is taking place in line with that of non-commercial feminine sanitary napkins, which are being replaced by sustainable options; the latter allows women to take control of their menstrual cycles, and you may save time and money.
In terms of design, several models are designed to best suit each baby; that’s why eco-friendly diapers are usually adjustable. The softness of the fabrics provides greater movement for the baby since the fabric adapts to your skin and not the other way around.
The fear of constant washing can find some relief because the core of eco-friendly diapers is very absorbent, even more so than a disposable one.
The high level of absorption and the softness of the fabric of the biodegradable diapers protect the baby’s skin from a very common annoyance: diaper rash. Not only does the design and quality favor healthier skin in the baby, but it also helps that these diapers do not have chemicals that can affect the skin.