When you’re pregnant, your body goes through a lot of changes. Your stomach gets bigger, your breasts get larger, and your center of gravity shifts. This can make it difficult to find clothing that fits well and is comfortable. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the 15 essential items that you need in your pregnancy wardrobe.
- Maternity Leggings: Maternity leggings are stretchy and will accommodate your growing belly. They’re also comfortable and can be worn with a variety of tops.
- Comfortable Bras: As your breasts grow during pregnancy, you’ll need to buy new bras that fit well and offer support. Look for bras made from breathable materials like cotton so that you stay comfortable all day long.
- Maternity Top: A maternity top is a must-have for any pregnant woman. It’s especially handy if you don’t want to wear a traditional maternity dress.
- Maternity Dress: A maternity dress is perfect for those special occasions when you want to look your best. Whether it’s a baby shower or a family gathering, you’ll be glad you have a beautiful dress to wear.
- Maternity Jeans: Maternity jeans are designed to fit comfortably over your growing belly. They typically have an elastic waistband or adjustable side tabs to provide a custom fit.
- Cardigan or light sweater: A cardigan or light sweater is perfect for layering over your maternity top when the temperature starts to drop. It will keep you warm without making you hot and sweaty.
- Scarf: A scarf can be wrapped around your neck or worn as a shawl over your shoulders. It’s the perfect accessory for any outfit and will help keep you warm in cooler weather.
- Flats: Flats are comfortable and easy to wear, making them ideal for running errands or just relaxing at home. Choose a pair that slip on and off easily so that you can take them off when your feet start to swell.
- Comfortable shoes for walking: Walking is a great exercise during pregnancy, but you need to make sure you have the right pregnancy shoes. Look for shoes with good arch support and cushioning to protect your feet from the impact of walking.
- Tankini: A tankini is a two-piece swimsuit that offers more coverage than a bikini. It’s perfect for those times when you want to go swimming but don’t want to show too much skin. And an excellent choice for a growing belly.
- Cover-up: A cover-up is essential for wearing over your swimsuit when you’re not in the water. It can also be used as a light layer of clothing when it’s chilly outside.
- Sundress: A sundress is a must-have for any pregnant woman. It’s comfortable, and flattering, and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Khakis: Khakis are a versatile type of pants that can be dressed up or down. They’re perfect for work, running errands, or just relaxing at home.
- Yoga pants: Yoga pants are comfortable and easy to wear, making them ideal for pregnancy. They’re also great for working out or doing other physical activities.
- Pajamas: Pajamas are a must-have for any pregnant woman. They should be comfortable and loose-fitting to allow your body to breathe. Choose a style that you feel comfortable in, whether it’s traditional pajamas or a nightgown.
Birthing Bag Ideas
Now that we’ve covered all the great clothing to wear during your pregnancy. Here are some ideas on what to pack for the hospital and to bring home the baby.
- Toiletries: Pack a small bag with all the toiletries you’ll need for the hospital stay, including shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, and a toothbrush.
- Makeup: Pack a small makeup bag with any makeup you might want to use during your hospital stay, including foundation, powder, lip gloss, and mascara.
- Change of clothes: pack a few changes of clothes for after you give birth, including a comfortable shirt and pants or shorts, socks, and underwear.
- Going home outfit: Choose an outfit that you feel comfortable in and that will be easy to put on after you’ve had a baby. A loose-fitting dress or a pair of yoga pants and a tank top are both good options.
- Nursing bra: If you plan on breastfeeding, be sure to pack a nursing bra. This will make it easier to feed your baby when you’re in the hospital.
- Nipple cream: Nipple cream can help soothe sore nipples from breastfeeding.Breast pump: If you plan on pumping breast milk, be sure to pack a breast pump in your bag.
- Baby clothes: Pack a few outfits for your baby to wear home from the hospital, including a onesie, a pair of pants, and a hat.
- Car seat: Don’t forget to bring a car seat for your baby. You won’t be able to leave the hospital without one.
These are just some general guidelines but hopefully, they give you a better idea of what types of clothing pieces are essential for your pregnancy wardrobe. Comfort should be your number one priority but that doesn’t mean sacrificing style entirely. With a little bit of creativity, you can put together a pregnancy wardrobe that will see you through all nine months in style.